DesignWanted Award winners announced – see you at Milan Design Week
The jury session has ended and we are happy to announce the winners of the first edition of the DesignWanted Award that will be exhibited at the upcoming Milan Design Week 2023 (April 18-23)
DesignWanted Award 2023 winners are announced! A brand new design competition launched and supported by DesignWanted magazine, the award aims to honor designers and businesses that are solving the world’s current problems, anticipating the needs of tomorrow, and creating the most innovative design ideas for smarter homes and more sustainable living.
In support of the democratic nature of design, the programme allowed anyone with talent to compete whilst offering unique access to the most prestigious design event hosted in the heart of the world’s design capital—Milan Design Week.
Under the theme SMART HOME, a meta-category that includes the full range of design products, from furniture to home and lifestyle accessories, wearables, homecare devices, consumer electronics and more, we opened our Call for Entries last October 2022 and over 1.500 projects from over 40 countries applied.
“Getting all these applications was not something we took for granted. Even though DesignWanted has a wide reach among designers every year, this being the first edition, the outcome has been incredibly positive. We are very happy with the results, both in terms of the number of entries and the quality of the projects presented. It feels great to provide such a unique opportunity to designers who not only get the recognition they deserve but also the chance to showcase their work during the most prestigious design week in the world, in Milan” says Patrick Abbattista, Founder & CEO of DesignWanted.
From the shortlist presented two weeks ago, 10 winners were selected for the ‘Product’ category and 3 winners for the ‘Concept’ category. Keep reading to find out who they are!
Product design category: 10 winners
Here are the winning projects:
- RUG’N ROLL concrete stools by Johannes Budde and Meike Papenfuss (Germany)
- ĐẬM ĐÀ by Ann Dinh (USA)
- MULTO by Prêt à Pousser (France)
- FLIS TABEL MODULES by Jonas Finkeldei (Germany)
- TINY ECO by Florian Seidl and Angelica Rella (Italy)
- LITRE SMART WATER SYSTEM by Adam Friedman (USA)
- HI MER! by Yu-Ying Tosca and Dorian Tosca (Switzerland)
- KARA by Thomas Mair (Netherlands)
- VESPERTINE by Tim Schuetze and Max Hausmann (Germany)
- ROLLERJET by Jisan Chung (Korea)
Concept design category: 3 winners
Here are the winning projects:
- DIPOLO by Giacomo De Paoli (Italy)
- CISCO HOME HUB by Emile Chuffart and Heinrich Zaunschirm (France)
- NAKEDPACK by Naama Nicotra (Israel)
The Jury Panel
Entrants have been evaluated by a jury formed by qualified and internationally acclaimed professionals.
“I often advise designers, especially the youngest, to pay attention to their visibility and promotion. No matter how wonderful and smart their projects are. Without communication, they may not reach the market. Thanks to the DesignWanted Award, all shortlisted projects were evaluated by an amazing team of judges, and I thank them once again for their professionalism and dedication in evaluating the projects.” says Patrick Abbattista.
Therefore, a special thanks goes to:
- Patrizio Cionfoli, Design & Interaction Director, Studio Volpi
- Valerio Cometti, Founder & Creative Director, Valerio Cometti+V12 Design
- Domitilla Dardi, Design Historian & Curator, EDIT Napoli
- Giovanni de Niederhäusern, Senior Vice President Architecture, Pininfarina
- Sheng-Hung Lee, Designer & Ph.D. researcher, MIT AgeLab
- Raffaella Mangiarotti, Architect & Designer, Raffaella Mangiarotti Studio
- Luca Nichetto, Founder & Designer, Nichetto Studio
- Mauricio Noronha & Rodrigo Brenner, Co-Founders & Designers, Furf Design Studio
- Ilene Shaw, Founding Producer, Design Pavilion and Design Talks NYC
- Filippo Spiezia, Founder & Executive Creative Director, Digital Design Days
- Aleks Tatic, Founder & Managing Director, Tatic Designstudio
- Laura Traldi, Journalist & Content Curator, Internimagazine.it / DesignAtLarge.it
Our special partners
Our thanks also go to the partners who decided to share the initiative with their respective design communities, allowing us to reach an even wider audience and discover projects from different corners of the globe.
Event & Media partners
- Boston Design Week
- Design Month Graz
- Design Week Mexico
- Hong Kong Design Centre
- New Designers
- OBJECT Rotterdam
See you at Milan Design Week (18-23, 2023)
We invite you to visit the exhibition that will be held in Milan during the Design Week from April 18th to 23rd at La Cattedrale (located in the Certosa area, at Via Barnaba Oriani 27).
Together with DesignTech and Isola Design, we will bring to life the first exhibition dedicated to ‘Innovation for living’, taking the opportunity to highlight projects related to the innovations that characterize our way of living.
Themes such as circular economy, augmented living, off-site construction, will be represented through projects selected specifically for the exhibition hosted in a 3.000 sqm industrial space dedicated to industrial design and technology, with a layout designed by Pininfarina Architecture.